Monday, July 31, 2017

Two Weeks Out

Here I sit just two weeks away from returning to South Africa.  It's hard to believe this will be the 16th time I've been there.  It has truly changed my life.  I enjoy serving at Hopewell, in the local community, and over the past few years in Crisfield, but I LOVE serving in South Africa.

I love everything about the trip.  I love the country and what the people teach me about faith.  I love building relationships with the people and sharing God's love.  I love what Mosaic is doing to help the families that have taken orphans or vulnerable children under their care.  I love sharing this experience with others on the trip.  I love the late night talks.  I love taking a break from the chaos of life in the U.S.  The South Africa trips have turned into my annual retreat where I unplug from work and refuel my tank.  I love being "in the moment" when I'm in South Africa and drawing closer to God.

Below are pictures from my last two trips to South Africa. The first one is a picture of Nielen standing in the kitchen that Nielen, Joel King, and I finished installing in December.  This is inside the shipping container that was renovated at Hopewell UMC in Downingtown and then shipped down to the Paarl/Wellington area where it was connected with the rest of the Mosaic community center.



This second picture is from my family's visit in April.  We were treated one night to a talent show, "Mosaic's Got Talent."  It's amazing to see how far things have come in less than two years.



The next two weeks will be filled with stress trying to get ready for the trip and getting my projects at work in a good shape.  But I love it because at the end of the next two weeks, I will find myself boarding a plane to South Africa.

Tony


No comments:

Post a Comment